Chocolate Chip Cookies
Caroline Goodwin (Food Tutor)
Objective: to learn how to make chocolate chip cookies
- 150g butter (2/3 cup)
- 100g sugar (1/2 cup)
- 200g self-raising flour (1 3/4 cup)
- 100g chocolate chips )1/2 cup)
- Weigh the sugar and butter into a bowl.
- Cream using an electric whisk until light and fluffy.
- Use a metal spoon and go round the bowl and down the middle of the mixture to fold in the flour.
- Weigh the chocolate chips and fold into the mixture. Do this until it all goes together in a ball.
- Grease trays.
- Roll the dough into small balls and place on tray. Leave space as it will spread out. Flatten them slightly in your hand.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until lightly browned.
- Loosen cookies with a fish slice when they come out of the oven but leave on the tray to crisp up.
- Put on a cooling tray.