- Calm – have increased the access to free resources for children (7-13 years) to include safe place, mediation for sleep (parents/carers to come alongside the child when using these resources)
For adults (including parents, carers, and colleagues):
- F- focus on what’s in your control
- A- acknowledge your thoughts and feelings
- C- come back into your body
- E- engage in what you are doing
- C- committed action
- O- opening up
- V- values
- I- identifying resources
- D- disinfect and distance.
9 things to say to your anxious child
- I’m here with you. You’re safe.
- Do you want to do some dancing or running to get rid of the worried energy?
- Tell me about it.
- What would you like to say to your worry? What might your worry say back? Then what?
- Let’s draw it.
- What doe it feel like in your body? Where is the worry? How big is it?
- Match your breaths to mine.
- Let’s think up some endings for what could happen (anxious ones, goofy ones and realistic ones).
- What’s something we could do to help you feel better?