Understanding Labour Market Information (LMI) is becoming more and more important as the world changes, so that all students can be aware of where different job roles are needed around the country and what types of jobs may need more people in the future. Below is information on what labour market information actually means.
LMI means finding out the following things about different job roles or career pathways:
- What do people actually do in this job / industry?
- How many people work in this job / industry?
- How much do people get paid in this job / industry?
- What qualifications do I need to do this job?
- What skills or qualities do I need to do this job?
- What are the typical working hours for this job?
- What percentage of men / women work in this job / industry?
- Where can this job / industry take me in the future?
- Where are these jobs located around the country?
- How many of these jobs will there be in the future?
LMI obtained from the National Statistics and Gov.uk (updated August 2020)