PE Instructor (UQTS)
Are you a hard-working, flexible, enthusiastic and inspirational team player who is looking to develop their career in a specialist school setting?
The Governors of Woolston Brook are seeking to appoint an experiences PE instructor to help positively shape minds and instil a love of sport, fitness and healthy lifestyles in our young people to join our team from September 2021 or as soon as possible after that. The successful candidate will deliver sports programs to young people in Key stage 3 and 4, ensure continuity and progression with colleagues delivering in Key stage 2, and play a part in enrichment programmes with a focus on exercise and the benefits of physical well-being.
Woolston Brook is Warrington’s Specialist setting for pupils in Key stage 2 – 4 with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs. Having been assessed as ‘Good’ in all areas by Ofsted in January 2019, the successful applicant will join our school at an exciting time in our development; and under the direction of the head teacher, and Senior Leadership Team play an important role in driving forward our agenda for excellence.
The appointed candidate will have:
- Drive, enthusiasm and a passion for a range of sports.
- Relevant experience (either paid or voluntary), in working with young people with SEMH needs or who exhibit challenging behaviours
- Level 3 qualification (A Levels or equivalent) in a subject linked to Sports coaching/Education
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
- An understanding of the barriers to learning faced by children with SEMH and their families, and how to support children in their emotional well-being
- The ability to develop and implement policies and practices for PE which reflect the school’s commitment to high achievement, effective teaching and learning.
- Experience of planning and leading teaching and learning activities
- A high level of interpersonal skills used with pupils and adults.
- The ability to plan, organise and prioritise records and own workload
- The ability to adapt teaching to meet pupils needs
- Knowledge of guidance and requirements around safeguarding children.
- A commitment to excellence for all pupils
We offer you:
- An opportunity to play a major role in the development of a fabulous school
- A dedicated, supportive and friendly staff
- Excellent relationships with Local Schools and the LA
- Happy children who enjoy coming to school, and parents who strongly support our nurturing ethos
- A supportive Governing Body
Due to Covid 19 we may not be able to invite candidates to visit school, subject to National or local lockdown levels. Should you wish to come and pay us a visit, or discuss the post in further detail, please call the school to speak with the head teacher, Maureen Brettell.
A full job description and person specification along with application forms should be downloaded.
Completed applications should be emailed to email@example.com or can be returned to the school in hard copy
We will not consider applications in the form of CVs.
Salary Unqualified Techers Scale
Closing date for applications: Noon on Friday 25th June 2021
Shortlisting: Tuesday 29th June 2021. Those not successful at shortlisting stage will not be notified.
Interviews: week commencing Monday 5th July 2021. It is possible that the interview may be held over a virtual platform.
Woolston Brook School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced disclosure application through the Disclosure and Barring Service.